You can identify 5 major areas in the editor, which will allow you to better navigate the screen:
1) Search area and termlist
At the very top of the page there is a search filter bar for you to look for specific terms. By default you will always find there the full list of terms for the language you chose to open the resource.
You can search for different terms from here and filter them to find exactly what you need:
- By clicking on the grey language bar on the left-hand side you can change which language you are searching in. (At present this is en for English, but this will be whatever the main source language is of your termbase).
- There are also many different filter options available. If you click on the filter icon on the right-hand side of the search bar, a new menu will pop up with a list of options available to you. Amongst some of the filtering options you can filter searches by their Status, Time/Date of when they were last updated and who authored the term.
- Once you have chosen what you wish to search for, the list of terms on the left-hand side window will be tailored to your search results, meaning you don’t have to go through any records that aren’t applicable.
The List of terms is on the left-hand side is the list of all the current terms in the termbase for the language applied in the search bar.
The area is divided in 3 different columns – Concept ID, Status and the Term itself, and all three of them can be sorted. To do this you need to click on the grey buttons with the headings at the top of the column (click once to sort ascending, click again to sort descending).
If you have a large termbase you may have more than one page of terms. If so then the list of pages will be displayed at the end of the left-hand column.
Click on a number to go to that specific page, or click on the 3 dots to show the next 5 pages available.
Click on a term to bring up the Concept and Term details on the right-hand side windows.
In the concept window you will see the different fields that you set up when you defined your data model and any custom fields that you added.
You can minimise the Concept window by clicking on the arrow at the top left of the window. Click it again to bring it back into view.
You can also add a new language version to the term here if it doesn’t exist already, to do this next to the ‘Languages’ field you will see the list of current languages and then a + symbol to add more.
- Click on this to add the new language for this term
- You can delete the term completely by clicking on the icon in the top right of the menu (action can't be undone)
- You can also edit and make changes to the concept, to do this click on the icon on the right-hand side of the window. This will turn to make all the fields editable so that you can go in and make any necessary changes. You are also able to add new properties and new labels to the term at this stage. To do this, click on the button to add a new field to the term. This will bring up a menu so you can choose which property to add.
The same is possible of Labels. Click on the defined your data modelicon next to the Labels option and a menu will appear with options that you previously set up when you
- If you wish to delete a property field for the concept you can do so by clicking on the small icon next to it, to the left of the content window.
- If you want to add a brand-new concept to the database then you can do so by clicking on the button located on the top right-hand side of the window. This will create a new empty record already assigned with your default field choices that you will be able to fill out. Once filled out you will have the option to ‘Create’ this new term. This option appears in the bottom right of the window:
3) The language area
The lower half side of the screen gathers all details for the terms, in all the documented languages. You can see these in a list mode or in a side-by-side mode, allowing you to speed-up your review process.
Toggle between these two views with the
In this section you will see all the different terms that are available for each language in more detail. The languages will be arranged one on top of the other by default, with each term having a minimized view to start with. To expand the entry and see more information about the term please click on the small triangle next to the term to expand its contents.
If you would prefer a different view of the terms you can also change to a side-by-side view by clicking on theicon at the top right of the window (next to the blue ‘New Concept’ button).
The side-by-side mode will be enabledand it allows you to focus on different entries for the same language, to simplify the review process and to help with editing terms.
Actions at term level without entering the editing mode
You can change the status of a term by clicking on the circular icon to the right of the term. There are 3 different statuses you can choose:None – no status for this termSuccess – term is approvedError – term is not approved
Actions while in editing mode
- Make changes to the term, click on the pencil icon Note t on the right-hand side of the term. This will make all the fields editable so that you can go in and make any necessary changes that you need. he icon remains blue during editing mode
- You are also able to add new entries to the termbase at this stage. To do this, click on the button below the language identifier to add a new entry to the term.
This will bring up a menu so you can choose which term to add, as well as additionally being able to add new properties or labels to that term.
- You can delete a term by clicking on the red dustbin icon or recover a deleted term, if you have not yet saved your changes.
- You can re-organise records and set them in the order you want users to navigate the database by using the arrows on the right side of the term. This is done by clicking on the arrow keys (either up or down to move the term higher or lower)
The creation entry will always be the main record and cannot be re-ordered, however additional entries can be sorted by user preference.
The exhaustive list of elements that will allow you to quickly navigate this screen is available below (texts on mouse over are provided to guide you in the process):
Reach the documentation for the tool and/or any other page in your platform using the icons in the bar on the left hand side.