In Wordbee Translator, a supplier is person or company who provides a service to a client (in form of a job) for the realization of a project. This includes an individual who performs translations or other tasks as well as agencies or other companies who offer their services to clients. In other words, suppliers can be part of your inhouse team or external vendors (freelance translators, translation agencies, corporations, etc.).
Types of suppliers
You can find two types of supplier users in the system:
- Inhouse suppliers are all the users registered in the team as the administrator of the platform. They are all listed under my company, which is also highlighted with the manage inhouse logins here. If the inhouse team externalises work, then external companies will be created under the Supplier menu. icon in the supplier screen. Learn how to
- External suppliers are all users registered in external companies, which can be formed by one or several individuals. Depending on the size of their business, you will label them as Freelancers (single user), agency, corporation, etc. You will be able to easily spot them because of their distinctive icon(s) in the supplier screen. Learn how to manage supplier companies and their external logins here.
You will have an overview of all supplier types from the Suppliers page.
How do suppliers join your projects
As we mentioned above, in each project, you will need to define the tasks to be performed to finalise the work required for your clients. Each of these steps in the project workflow are called jobs.
Learn more about how to set up the system so your teams can participate in the projects:
For a supplier to be able to take part in the projects, you will need to enter the right information about the services they provide, so they can qualify for the jobs. There are two main conditions for a supplier to be able to perform a job:
- the type of task (translation, revision, DTP)
- the language combination
Read the section below, Service portfolio and pricing details to know how to proceed to update the details for each type of supplier user.
If you require very accurate results and filtering of your suppliers, you can make the language combination of your services locale-specific (English vs. English-US). This will allow you to apply an additional level of filtering when dispatching the jobs among your pool of suppliers.
Service portfolio and pricing details for suppliers
Depending on the type of supplier user you are managing (inhouse vs. external) you will need to enter the qualifications of the service they provide in their user profile or in the company they work for.
- Inhouse users carry their service porfolio directly in their profile. Learn all the details about how to configure inhouse profiles here.
- External users carry their service porfolio in their company pricelist. Learn how to configure supplier pricelists them here.
Entering prices to the services suppliers provide is something optional. If you want to track inhouse and external costs, invoice your vendors and clients or simple use Wordbee at its fullest, then you will need to enter all these details so you can exploit the invoicing features the system has.