The Wordbee Beebox Connector for TYPO3 makes translating content an efficient and user-friendly process. The connector lets you filter and select content for translation, send content to your in-house translation team or external Language Service Provider, receive finished translations back and have your TYPO3 site updated with just a click.
- Any pages, sites and subsites
- Send single pages, a selection of pages or complete sites using TYPO3 templates for translation in just one click
- Absolutely no manual export or import of translation files required. All jobs are completed using web services.
- Use regular TYPO3 templates to customize translatable fields, including your own custom fields.
- Go from any source to target language(s) – in any directions.
- Supports multiple translation workflows at the same time: Multiple LSPs, machine translation, content dependent processes...
- Option to send both the source AND existing translated text for linguistic approval
- Isolates the HTML markup to protect against unintentional tampering.
- Connects to your preferred translation service providers, in-house teams or TMS.
- Easily track all running translation requests.
- Automatically inserts completed translations back into the right places.
The Beebox Cart shows all your translation requests.
Keep existing translations:
- If your TYPO3 site already contains translations, you do not lose them.
Translation review and editing:
- Preview and approve translations prior to publishing updated content in TYPO3.
- Translations can be rejected and resent to translation, if necessary.
- Supports editing of translations directly in TYPO3, with the ability to send those edits to your translation team for linguistic approval.
Translation cost optimization:
- Automatically identifies if a sentence or paragraph had been translated in the past, reusing those past translations without sending the content again for translation.
- Automatically identifies repeating sentences and paragraphs in content marked for translation and sends these once for translation. This may lead to an overall translation volume reduction of 20% or more. Your translation provider receives unique content only (option).
- If your site is already translated, you can have your existing translations aligned and submitted to your translation team for approval and inclusion in your translation memory.
- Works with TYPO3 versions 6.2 and 7.x.
- Requires PHP 5.5 or later.
- Requires l10mngr module (Localization Manager), version 5.0.0 or later
- Automatically updates/creates translated content.
- Supports subsites with different source languages.
The Connector Cart and Settings are accessible from the TYPO3 left navigation menu.
The Connector is a regular TYPO3 plugin. The plugin is added to the user interface to let you select content for translation, manage translation jobs and review content.
The Connector then talks to the Beebox middleware using the HTTP protocol. The Beebox server is installed at the TYPO3 site-owner's premises, at a TYPO3 integrator's or with a language service provider. A single Beebox server can connect any number of content management systems with any number of TMSes - or translation teams. Wordbee can provide a list of LSPs who already operate a Beebox server.
Both Beebox Connector for TYPO3 and Beebox are off-the-shelf products. Installation and configuration support can be provided by Wordbee upon request.
- No labels